The Mothers’ Union is an international Christian membership charity that aims to demonstrate the Christian faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide. Its members are not all mothers or even all women, as there are many parents, men, widows, singles and grandparents involved in its work. It works with people of all faiths and none in 83 countries to promote stable marriage, family life and the protection of children through praying, enabling and campaigning.
Its aims and objectives are:
• To promote and support married life
• To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
• To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
• To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
• To help those whose family life has met with adversity
The small Barton St David Mothers’ Union has regular meetings in either Barton St David church or in members’ homes and welcomes non-members. Our 2020 programme is outlined below and all meetings start at 2.30 pm unless otherwise stated. Non-members are invited to contact the Group Leader, Mrs Carolyn Giddings on 01458 851617 or use the ‘Contact’ form below.