A new fitness page has been added with details of the various activities going on in the village. It also contains photos of the first Walking Football game played in Barton.
The 2017 season starts on Tuesday, 11th April from 2pm on the Playing Field. More details here.
South Somerset has been selected as a Census test area as the Office for National Statistics needs to test its systems ahead of an online census in 2021.
More details in the attachment.2017 Test short article South Somerset
Barton St David Village Hall proudly present Guitar genius Michael Partington playing live on Fri 17 Mar from 7:30pm.
Tickets Adults £12, Students £9 further details in the attached poster.
To book please contact Carrie Harrington T: 01458 850052 or Nicky Wheeler T: 01458 850200
Dan Howley is now running a regular circuit fitness session 6-7pm on Thursdays in the Village Hall.
£5 per session, no need to book, just turn up.
Starting in the Village Hall in January see attached poster for details
Somerset County Council have provided a website to improve how they tell people about what’s happening on the roads in Somerset – from planned roadworks and public events to unplanned incidents, accidents or congestion. It’s on the links page here.
SSDC are about to roll out communications about the new measures to cut congestion, improve services and enhance safety at recycling sites from Monday 3 October.
The main points are:
- The vast majority of existing site customers use cars (including estates, 4x4s, people carriers, campervans) to take household waste to recycling sites. They will not be affected in any way (except to find shorter queues from 3 October).
- A small percentage of household users have cars with trailers or have vans – they will need to apply online for a free van and/or trailer permit.
- A far smaller number of household users have bigger vans, large trailers, use horseboxes or turn up with a tractor. These few will no longer have access to sites for household waste.
- And those with addresses outside Somerset cannot get a permit for a van or trailer.
- Buried in the website is also a restriction on times. Permits will allow access to recycling sites on weekdays when the sites are open and between 1pm-4pm on Saturday afternoons. To avoid congestion at busy times you will not be able to visit using your permit between 8am-1pm on Saturdays and at any time on Sundays.
The website for details and permits is [click here] and the system itself will begin at recycling sites from Monday 3 October.
A few pictures of the Queen’s Birthday event in rain lashed Barton are here