Accessibility statement for Barton St David Website
This accessibility statement applies to the website bartonstdavid.org.uk. This website is run by the Barton St David Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Despite recent updates based on the accessibility guidance we know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text although browsers generally support this functionality.
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard.
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF please git in touch via the contact page. We will consider your request and get back to you.
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements please use the contacts page to get in touch.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Barton St David Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1AA standard, due to the exemptions’ listed below;
- Marked up and labelled Form Fields, Zooming PDF and use of Tab key to move around website.
All of these require technical changes to the website and we have assessed the cost of fixing the issues with navigation, zooming pdfs and web forms. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will make another assessment when the website is redesigned but this is not likely to be before 2025.
This statement was prepared on 23 August 2020. It was last reviewed on 28 September 2020.
This website was last tested on 8 & 9 August 2020. The test was carried out by the webmaster, MrJ Harrington. We followed the gov.uk guidance on selecting pages to be tested to ensure they covered a representative sample of the website. This is full Barton St David Website Accessibility Check report.